Saturday, October 27, 2007

Five Generations


This week has been so hard for me. Learning that my little Crystal is dying has tragically rocked my world. The hardest part is facing the choice of choosing to not put her through surgery and chemo and ultimately not knowing when her last breath will come. So instead of focusing on this, I am trying to make her final days happy and comfortable. I see her smile when she is outdoors - her favorite room of the house here. She lays on the patio overlooking the yard, just daring those birds to stop by so she can run and give chase. Seeing her this happy makes me smile. It seems she's got some good times left yet.


Today one of my co-workers came over with her daughter and they helped me take pictures of Crystal and her legacy - five generations. I am blessed with a part of her being passed down to each of these wonderful reminders of what a Shih Tzu should be. And it all started with Crystal.


Today reminded me of all that I have even though I feel great loss on the horizon.
Shown above is Crystal with her daughter Iris, her grand-son Magic, her great grand-daughter Violet and her great great grand-son Tuxedo.

No comments: