Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Incredible Indecency Of Some Puppy Inquiries And The Joys Of Boys


I recently had an exchange with an interested person for a puppy.  It was an inquiry that I declined.  They openly admitted to having a seven year old doberman that they had not neutered.  I found this to be curious especially since they also said they would have no problem "signing" a spay/neuter contract if required.  Well, to me signing and doing are two different things and the track record was such that I didn't feel it would be in the best interest of my sweet puppy to be placed in a home with an intact male dog who had been king of his castle for 7 years.  I expressed this and the hate mail ensued.
 
Just a reminder to you folks out there looking for a puppy from me - these are MY puppies.  I don't have to place them or SELL them to anyone!  This person went on about how I had missed out on such a great home and that I really didn't care about my puppies at all.  How dare I make decisions about neutering a dog when I have no idea how the dog feels?  And after all - this is a SALE not an adoption. 
 
Amazing.  I don't care about my puppies at all???  Who in the hell do YOU think you are?  You have no idea of which you speak or, in this case, type.  What about the health of the dog in the long run?  Statics show a neutered dog will have a lesser chance of cancers.  Surf the web - get a clue.  Really!  And to infer I do this for money??  WTF??  I wish the bleeding in my bank account would stop!  This is not a business folks - this is a labor of love.  If you think I'm getting rich off of breeding dogs you are seriously mistaken.  This single puppy I have right now - I'm into this puppy for nearly $2,000.  Placing him in a pet home will net me a four figure net LOSS.  So get over yourselves when you THINK I'm getting rich breeding dogs.
 
Well the next day brought this to my inbox and it was such a pleasure to read:
 
"Hi Nancy,
 
Just a note to let you know MyLee is still our wonderful little boy and is doing fine. He rules our house with an iron paw. Lol.
When we got him from you I wanted a pet to love and to be company for my husband and me. As you know I was worried about having our first male puppy. Well you were so right. After having had 2 females before him, I have to say he is the most loving dog we have ever had. Our females tolerated my loving. He demands it. The day is not complete for him unless he has his playtime and his loving time sitting on my lap.
He is such a smart little guy too. He knows when I let him out at bedtime that when he comes back in, it is time for bed and goes straight to his room and in his kennel without me saying a word. And when our grandaughter stayed with us a few months, he learned to open the bedroom door to let himself in to go to bed. We have door handles like a lever and he jumps up and pulls the lever down to open the door. I come to check on him and he is in his kennel and looks at me as if to say what took you so long.
As you can tell, he is the light of our lives. We enjoy him so very much. He doesn't know he is a dog you know. He thinks he is actually our little boy. He is very protective of both of us.
I think of you often and am so sorry to hear you are having some health issues. I am happy however to read on your website that you still have the wonderful values that you have for your puppies. I still visit your website to see how things are going with your dogs and with yourself.
Oh by the way, the last visit to the vet for his yearly checkup, the vet said he was in perfect health and he weighed in at 15 pounds.
Lots of love and hugs and a Happy New Year from your friends in Kingman, AZ
Bob and Jean and a very spoiled and happy MyLee"
 
What a difference a day makes in the world of email!  Oh - and MyLee is a neutered little boy.  One of those puppies I didn't or don't care about.  HA!
 
Thank you Bob and Jean for giving my lovely boy a perfect home forever.  I know he is healthy and loved and for that I am grateful and blessed!  And thank you for reminding me that I'm doing it right.  Sometimes I need to hear it to believe it!  My best to you and our precious MyLee!

No comments: